The Tony Elumelu Foundation Entrepreneurship Programme. Founded in 2010 by Tony O. Elumelu, an entrepreneur, investor and philanthropist who is passionate about Africa’s economic development.
The Tony Elumelu Foundation Entrepreneurship Programme is the largest African philanthropic initiative devoted to entrepreneurship with $100 million commitment.
later launched in 2015, the foundation mission is to identify and empower 10,000 African entrepreneurs in creating a million jobs adding $10 billion in revenues to Africa’s economy.
The program vision is clear in unlocking the obstacles that Africa’s entrepreneurs face as they grow their start-ups into small to medium enterprises (SMEs), their SMEs into national growth companies, and their national growth companies into African multinationals.
The catalyst behind the foundation Institutionalize luck lies behind the dive to:
- Empowerment of entrepreneurs through capacity development, seed capital, mentoring and networking.
- promotion of thought leadership on entrepreneurship through advocacy and evidence-based research as a guide for policymakers across African governments.
- creation of an integrated entrepreneurial ecosystem that promotes African entrepreneurship.
We are now accepting applications for the 4th cycle of the TEF Entrepreneurship Programme. Outstanding African entrepreneurs who have start-ups or business ideas with the potential to grow are encouraged to apply.
Interested with the program and the opportunities? TEF application for the year 2018 is now open. APPLY HERE: change Africa, join the over 3000 entrepreneurs success through the program.
- Enterprise development toolkit
- Business-relevant training
- Access to professional networks
- Business plan development
- Seed capital of $10,000 in two tranches
- Business ideas that can transform Africa.
The deadline though is midnight on 1 March 2018.
- The business must be based in Africa
- The business must be for profit
- The business must be 0-3 years old
- Applicants must be at least 18 and a legal resident or citizen of an African country