SGR Kenya – The Standard gauge railway Kenya Madaraka epress was to be and is having commuted millions either from Nairobi SGR terminus to or between Mombasa SGR terminus or return.
The Standard Gauge Railway (SGR) is a flagship project by the Government of Kenya.
SGR : Makadara express support contacts
Telephone / Mobiles:
How to book sgr online :sgr booking kenya
Madaraka express online booking cannot be more easier for the modern comfort , faster and secure travel.
In order to book tickets successfully you are required to:
Book a train ticket:
Search for Express or Inter-County Trains and input your travel details.
- Choose the Train type:
Inter-County – Gives option to book the Train from the following terminus Nairobi, Mombasa, Voi, Mtito Andei, Mariakani, Miaseny, Kibwezi, Emali and Athiriver To the jouney destination
- Express – Gives option to book or buy ticket from one terminus express to the final destination terminus ( Mombasa or Nairobi)
Define Your Search
- Define the number of Adults or children ( Children between 3 to 11 years)
- Define the Coach of Choice: Nairobi to Mombasa instance
- First Class at KES. 3000.00 Adult, KES 1,500.00 – Children
- Second Class at KES. 700.00 Adult, KES. 350.00 Children
Complete Booking Information
- Providing your personal information:
Choose Nationality ( Nationality option included – Burudi, Ethiopia, Kenya, Rwanda, South Sudan, Somalia, Tanzania, Uganda or othe Country)
- If accompanied by children specify the child age and nationality
- Key in your payment details, i.e.Mobile No ( for M-Pesa payment, and your email address)
- Confirm that you are human by ticking the reCAPCHA
- Tick or accept Terms and Conditions
- Choose payment option: Whether to Pay Immediately or Later
Pay for your ticket: Pay the required amount with M-Pesa
Receive your booking confirmation: Get your sms and/or email confirmation with a unique code.
Present ticket to travel: Present sms and/or email to print ticket on the date of travel.
- Dial the USSD *639#
- Select booking option, departing station, destination station and travel date
- Select the class of preference. The train offers First class and Economy class
- Enter the number of passengers. This mode allows one to book up to a maximum of 5 passengers in one transaction
- Indicate the number of children if any. Children under three years do not pay any fee; those between three (3) and eleven (11) years pay half the ticket fee; an those above eleven (11) years pay the full amount
- Enter passenger details. This requires one to enter the Full names; National Identity card or Passport numbers. For children indicate ‘Child’.
- Select payment option. At this point, the customer will receive the prompts;Pay now, Pay Late, Exit
- When making payment, enter the amount specified to you and enter M-pesa PIN. You will receive a payment confirmation message. This will be followed by a booking confirmation message which will confirm the status of the transaction by showcasing the destination station, departure time, date of travel, selected class of travel, the coach number and seat number
- On the date of travel, the customer should print the ticket at the self-service machines at the station or obtain the ticket from the dedicated counter for M-pesa transactions. The ticket may also be collected any other time before the date of travel if the customer so wishes.